Below is a list of links to NSPCC leaflets which offer advice and guidance for parents.
Is my child ready to go out alone?
Is my child ready to be left alone?
Look, Say, Sing and Play to build your baby’s brain every day
The Talk Pants Guide for Parents
A parents’ guide to being Share Aware - Helping you to keep your child safe online
Other helpful resources and websites for parents including the following topics can be found by clicking the relevant hyperlink or the general link below. Some topics may also be applicable to parents with children in secondary school.
- Supporting a child who has mental health problems and/or suicidal thoughts –Including advice regarding Covid
- What parents can do about self-harm
- Online safety information for parents
- Advice on talking to children about drugs and alcohol
- Help talking about difficult topics
- Talk PANTS with your child (the underwear rule)
- Helping children deal with divorce and separation
- Advice on keeping children safe in sport on the Child Protection in Sport Unit website